Blinks once per second
Blinks twice per second
Blinks three times per second
Connect the power cord.
• Connect the power cord to the compact power adapter.
• Insert the plug Into a power outlet.
Remove the cover.
• Store the cover In a place where It will not be lost.
• If you remove the battery from the camera, be sure to reattach the cover to protect against shorting.
Place the battery in the adapter.
• Align the end of the battery with the ( - ) mark on the adapter, press down on the battery, and slide it into place.
• To remove the battery, use the reverse of the above.
• Batteries can be charged in either the left or right side of the adapter.
Charge the battery pack.
♦ As soon as you place the battery pack in the compact power adapter, the charge lamp starts blinking and charging begins.
♦ When charging is complete, the lamp stops blinking and stays on.
♦ It can take up to 90 minutes to fully charge a battery pack.
♦ You can check whether a battery is charged by seeing whether the charge lamp blinks or stays on.
♦ When charging is complete, the charge lamp stops blinking and stays on. You can continue charging the battery for approximately an hour to reach full charge capacity.
♦ When charging is complete, remove the battery and unplug the power cord from the outlet.
Charging the Battery Pack o
• When the DC coupler is connected to the compact power adapter, the adapter cannot be used to charge battery packs.
• Do not charge any battery packs other than model BP-511.
• When the battery pack is in the camera, it discharges slightly over time even when the camera is not used. This reduces the battery pack's operating time. When not using the camera, remove the battery pack and store it with its protective cover attached. Always be sure to charge the battery pack before using it again.
• To protect battery packs and prevent loss of capacity, do not charge them continuously for more than 24 hours.
• If operating time is sharply reduced even after charging normally, the battery pack may have exceeded its useful life. Replace it with a new battery pack.
• The adapter can hold and charge two battery packs. Charging starts with the first battery pack attached. After that battery pack is charged, the charge lamp goes on and the adapter starts charging the second battery pack.
After charging of both battery packs is completed (both charge lamps are on), leave both battery packs in the charger for two more hours (one hour per battery pack) to reach a full charge.
• Charging time depends on the ambient temperature, and the level to which the battery pack is already charged.
• When battery power is low, the ( CD ) icon on the LCD panel blinks. Remove the battery pack from the camera and charge it.
• The battery pack can operate in temperatures from 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F), however for full operating performance, use between 10°C (50°F) and 30°C (86°F) is recommended. In cold locations such as ski areas, battery performance is temporarily decreased and operating time may be reduced.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.