Battery pack slot index
Battery pack slot index
Remove the cover.
Attach the battery.
• Align the battery's front edge with the battery charger's index line. While pressing down the battery, slide it in the direction of the arrow.
• To detach the battery, follow the above procedure in reverse.
Flip out the prongs and recharge the battery.
• As shown by the arrow, flip out the battery charger's prongs.
• Insert the prongs into a power outlet.
Connect the power cord and recharge the battery.
• Connect the power cord to the charger and insert the plug into the power outlet.
Recharging starts automatically and the recharge lamp turns orange. When the battery is fully recharged, the recharge lamp will turn green.
• It takes about 90 minutes to fully recharge a completely exhausted battery.
Recharging the Battery
Tips for Using the Battery and Charger
• Recharge the battery on the day before or on the day it is to be used.
An unused charged battery will still gradually lose its power overtime. The time required to recharge the battery depends on the ambient temperature and battery's power level.
• Do not recharge the battery for longer than 24 hours (to avoid degrading the battery performance).
• After recharging the battery, detach it and unplug the charger from the power outlet.
• You can attach the cover in a different orientation to indicate whether the battery has been recharged or not. If the battery has been recharged, attach the cover so that the battery-shaped hole < □ > is aligned over the blue seal on the battery. If the battery is exhausted, attach the cover in the opposite orientation.
• Use the battery in an ambient temperature range of 0°C - 40°C / 32°F - 104°F.
To attain best battery performance, an ambient temperature of 10°C - 30°C / 50°F - 86°F is recommended. In cold locations such as snowy areas, battery performance and operation time may temporarily decrease.
• When not using the camera, remove the battery.
If the battery is left in the camera for a prolonged period, a small amount of power current is released, resulting in excess discharge and shorter battery life. Store the battery with the cover attached. Storing the battery after it is fully charged can lower the battery's performance.
• The battery charger can also be used in foreign countries.
The battery charger is compatible with a 100 V AC to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power source. If the shape of the prongs is different, purchase a plug adapter for that country. Do not attach any voltage transformer to the battery charger. Doing so can damage the battery charger.
• If the battery becomes exhausted quickly even after being fully charged, replace the battery.
y • Do not use the battery charger to recharge any battery other than Battery Pack NB-2LH. I Battery Pack NB-2LH is dedicated to Canon only. Using it with a nonCanon battery charger or product may result in malfunction or accidents for which Canon cannot be held liable.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.