1. Press the Menu button and navigate to the third setup tab, highlight Custom Functions, and press the Set button.
2. Use the Cross keys to highlight C.Fn III: Autofocus/Drive Mirror Lockup and press the Set button (A).
3. Highlight Enable and press the Set button to lock in the change (B).
4. Exit the menu and set up your shot.
5. Press the shutter release button completely to raise the mirror.
6. Press it a second time to activate the shutter and take the picture.
C.Fn IH : Autofocus/Drive Mirror lockup
0: Disable 1: Enable r Fri IK' 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 urn w. 0102000000 o o
C.Fnffl: Autofocus/Drive Mirror lockup
1 : Enable r Fri nr- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 urn ni. iiloîoooooo o o
To further reduce the possibility of camera shake, use a shutter release cable or set the self-timer to two seconds. In self-timer mode, the mirror will lift when you press the shutter release button but the camera will fire automatically after two seconds, so you don't have to touch the camera again. Also remember that the Mirror Lockup feature will remain active (even after turning the camera on and off) until you disable it in the menu.
Was this article helpful?
To begin with your career in photography at the right path, you need to gather more information about it first. Gathering information would provide you guidance on the right steps that you need to take. Researching can be done through the internet, talking to professional photographers, as well as reading some books about the subject. Get all the tips from the pros within this photography ebook.